On Saturday, May 16, from 10 am to 2 pm, local law enforcement agencies will host a county-wide medication collection. Residents will be able to properly dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications, including pet medications, for no charge at any of the following locations:
· Clintonville Police Department, 35 S Clinton Avenue
· Marion Police Department, 217 N Main Street
· Manawa Police Department, 500 S Bridge Street
· New London Police Department, 700 Shiocton Street
· Waupaca Police Department, 124 S Washington Street
· Weyauwega Police Department, 109 E Main Street
Participants are encouraged to remove solid medications, such as pills, from their original pill bottles by dumping into a clear plastic bag prior to bringing to the collection station. Blister packages are acceptable without the medications being removed. Liquid medication bottles should be placed in sealed plastic bags.
Syringes, needles, lancets, epi-pens, and mercury thermometers cannot be accepted through this program. Questions on how to dispose of these materials can be directed to the Waupaca County Solid Waste Department at 715-258-6240.
This one-day event is sponsored by the Wisconsin State Department of Justice in cooperation with local law enforcement agencies. For information on permanent year-round medication drop-box locations, visit www.waupacacountyrecycling.com